Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Shakespearian English

Unfortunately I'm no longer in possession of a copy of Romeo and Juliet, but I seem to remember that Mercutio (I think) uses an old-fashioned term that equates to our "gatecrash" when contemplating going to a masquerade. Does anyone know which term I'm talking about, or have a copy of R&J and wouldn't mind looking it up for me?


( 4 comments — Leave a comment )
Aug. 7th, 2006 03:18 pm (UTC)
You can get about eighty gazillion copies of R&J online. I'd look it up for you, but I cannot for the life of me remember which scene it was.

Aug. 7th, 2006 03:30 pm (UTC)
Thank you. I used to have a really good link for online books, but it died with my old computer.
Aug. 7th, 2006 03:19 pm (UTC)
I went looking for it, but I couldn't seem to find it. You can look yourself here. Good luck!

(Oh, and btw, Shakespeare isn't Old English, he's Early Modern. Old English is Beowulf, Middle is Chaucer, and Modern is what we speak today.)
Aug. 7th, 2006 03:32 pm (UTC)
Thanks for the link and the technical clarification. As a former English Literature major I should know this, but I've always been craptastic at terminology :)
( 4 comments — Leave a comment )